Jose Felipe Mejia BernalSoftware Developer – Product, Development and Innovation
1. Who are you, what country do you come from and what is your job title?
My name is Jose Felipe Mejia Bernal, I come from Colombia and I am a Software Developer.
2. What do you like most about your job?
The team environment, I really like the guys I work with. Also learning new things.
3. What is the hardest part of your job?
Finding a parking spot downstairs in the parking garage.
On a more serious note, there are always challenges but nothing really significant comes to mind.
4. What is the best thing about working in Nord Pool? (can be several things)
The office is very nice, with its location and the views. We have a really good team spirit and people have a good attitude. It is also very nice to get fresh fruits in the morning and to be able to use the gym in the same building.
Another good thing is the flexibility here. If you want to have specific hours for training or to do some extra activities, there is flexibility to do those things.
5. What is the most exciting challenge you have had during your time at Nord Pool?
Learning about the platforms has been an interesting challenge. And it has been exciting to learn about the business.
6. What motivates you?
Working in a good team with an easy-going atmosphere. I also think it is important to feel respected and appreciated for what I am doing, and people recognizing that I do things well.
7. What do you think about working in the energy sector?
I think it is interesting. Now I understand my energy bill a lot better.
8. How would you describe your co-workers?
They are respectful, flexible and always willing to help. There are of course more I could say but that would fill the whole page.
9. Do you have any advice for people thinking of applying to work for Nord Pool?
I would recommend that they learn about the power market, and about what we do as a company.