Ulf Hedlund-SalmenkariSoftware Developer – Product, Development and Innovation
1. Who are you, what country do you come from and what is your job title?
My name is Ulf Hedlund-Salmenkari, I am from Sweden and I am a Software Developer.
2. What does your job involve?
I work as a Full-stack developer, so my job involves system planning and UI design.
3. What do you like most about your job?
It allows me to solve complex problems in simple ways and provide a solution that actually creates value.
4. What is the hardest part of your job?
See above! Also, communicating across teams can be a challenge.
5. What is the best thing about working in Nord Pool? (can be several things)
At Nord Pool there is space to voice your opinions and have open discussions. You are also personally able to have an impact on the work being done.
6. What motivates you?
I enjoy challenges and the process of breaking down complex problems and being able to solve them in simple ways to everyone’s satisfaction.
7. How would you describe your co-workers?
There is a wide array of different people at the Espoo office, and each team has its own distinct culture. This makes culture crashes as well as language stumbles possible, but I feel that there is a very open atmosphere where all opinions are equally valued and there is space for everyone to work in their own way.
8. Do you have any advice for people thinking of applying to work for Nord Pool?
It is important to know that the infrastructure is in constant motion and reality is continually changing. So, you have to be ready to embrace constant change.